show/mask blogger bar

2009/02/20

Tattoo

My friend Sylvain started a new tattoo on his back some month ago now.
Last Thursday, I went with him for his 10th session.
It's a really big piece, the King Fried Chicken! (KFC) no I'm killing obviously, it's a phoenix.
There is still 2 session to go, I believe next session will be the end and the next one will be for the retouch only.

3 very talented Vietnamese Artists (Christophe, Pascal & Nam) from Sanhugi "hair&tattoo" made it for him. (the 3 of them worked on it)
If you're looking for some asian, detailed tattoo you have to watch there work.

If you have an idea, you come by, explain or show your own draws, then they give you their point of view... when everybody's happy let's tattoo!
You can find here and here the previous pictures I took 2years ago of Sylvain's calf during a tattooing session.

Well, today I got many pictures to show... Some pure art stuff!
I took the tattoo on picture with 3 cameras.

-The PSP
with it's wonderful 30mm f2,8 little camera plug


-The Nikon F4
with 3 lens: 50mm f1,8 an 85mm f1,8 and a 35-70mm f3,2 with a fisheye on it
I put 2 loads here, first it was a Fujichrome Velvia 100F positive film, it ended up so fast I had to put an other film very quickly ^^

Here is the test dummy / Don't move while I take the picture (阿呆)


Triptych


(look from up to down and left to right)
Christophe tattooing / Sylvain's looking at his own picture

The second film was a normal Fujicolor 200 ISO
(not the best for that kind of light)


Take a close look at the details...
On the left picture you can see some "used old feathers"
On the right we got the long tail.



-My old Nikon D70s
with two lens: 50mm f1,8 and 35-70mm f3,2 with a fisheye on it

Pain in the face.

The tools

This man is a tattoo artist too his body IS impressive! / Divine Dragon.


Pictures are radically different between film and digital.
Film forces me to think before I press the shutter... I also love it's warmness.
While digital permits to shoot like a crazy (I took almost 1300pics...)

I experimented some stopmotions in this low light environement,
I was surprised because it worked better than I expected 
and could get smooth videos.



To finish I tryed to assemble some pictures.
This one was made with the D70s (very flat)


I kind of like this one because it is 2 way different pictures assembled!!
(Nikon F4)



I also like this one, let me explain:
it was not a very bright place so I had to open the aperture to get as much light as I could.
but this also tend to blur very much...
So the final picture have 2 focus points...
...One on Sylvain's face, the other on Christophe's hand ^^
(Nikon F4)


Christophe's tools (Nikon F4)


The place with a body rotation (Nikon D70s)


Do I still have some space to put some late pics?
(Nikon F4)


(Canon A-1)

3 comments:

ispkoh said...

Hey Tetsuko! What's up??
Your pics are so cool as usual!
i'm going to upload some pics which I took in Canada on flicr or something next time.

Koh

-Sydney- AKA テツコ said...

yay! Thank you!
I have to improve much more the way I take my pictures...
can't wait to see yours!

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

"je suis le Freeman..." ^^